In today’s digitally connected world where people engage with applications through a wide variety of devices, savvy organizations realize that providing well-designed user experiences for their products and business-critical applications is a competitive strength. It can have a profound impact on end-user adoption, productivity and advocacy.
User Experience (UX) is the process of designing a tool, such as a website’s or application’s user interface, from the perspective of how it will be understood and used by a human user. By centering on intended users’ needs, expectations and behaviors as they relate to the tasks that a system is being designed to support, a software experience can be humanized through design. When done well, the end product should be self-explanatory, offering intuitive user-friendly interaction that supports users in executing their business or customer processes.
The result of employing UX to a system design is a product that offers a more efficient, satisfying, and user-friendly experience for the user, anywhere with any device, which is likely to increase sales and customer loyalty.
At IT People, we focus on helping you create lasting business value by designing and developing user experiences that people love. Our UX experts can define and execute the best user experiences for your applications and ensure consistency across multiple channels and devices.
We deliver powerful user experiences for intranet and extranet applications by leveraging a combination of the following techniques:
- Mobile first web design
- Responsive web design
- Grid style layouts
- Deeply focused landing pages
- Improved productivity
- Greater customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Decreased user errors
- Increased adoption
- Increased sales and revenue
- Decreased training and support costs
- Reduced maintenance costs
- Research and Strategy: Define user experience requirements through a combination of competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, stakeholder interviews and user interviews
- Analysis and Design: Design user experience through a combination of storyboards, personas, low fidelity and high fidelity wireframes, interaction design and visual components
- Implementation: Implement user experience through a combination of templates, themes, skins, custom interactive elements, effects and animations
- Usability Testing: Test interfaces for browser compatibility, device compatibility, accessibility compliance, user behavior testing (remote and onsite)