Ensuring the infrastructure is aligned and able to keep up with ongoing business needs (instead of a limiter to business growth) can be a significant challenge for IT organizations. An enterprise architecture (EA) is your blueprint and roadmap for business processes and IT infrastructure. In essence, it is the corporate-wide vision for how a company operates. It provides a long-term view of processes, systems, and technologies, enabling IT to proactively plan for business and technology change. In this way, an EA acts as the IT “trusted advisor” and gatekeeper to the business by aligning IT strategy and foundational assets with business priorities—ensuring IT spend is also aligned to the needs of the business.
IT People consultants can help you establish an enterprise architecture that aligns your IT strategy and spend with your company’s business priorities and roadmap. Our approach is based on the MIT Sloan Model.
- Better alignment between IT strategy and business priorities and vision
- Improved business agility through service-oriented architecture and process re-use
- IT cost savings through streamlining of application portfolio and migration to target applications
- More efficient IT operations through effective governance of IT solutions
- Better return on existing IT assets and reduced risk of future investments
- Faster time-to-market for new products and operational innovations
- Reduced risk and exposure to security, legal and regulatory compliance
- Defining the architectural strategy, best practices, design guidelines, standards and tools
- Documenting the current state of complex business processes using tools such as Sparx Enterprise Architect or Troux
- Defining the target state including the road-map and portfolio of potential projects
- Establishing architectural governance practice and investment review practices
- Performing vendor technology evaluations and delivering recommendations
- Helping early adopters via proof-of-concepts and pilots
- Tailoring frameworks such as TOGAF for easy adoption